Nadia Blazina De Flego - Visual Effects - SP1 2019

Nadia Blazina De Flego - Visual Effects - SP1 2019

Postby s181434 » February 21st, 2019, 5:16 pm

Hi, I am sorry for how few updates I have but I have been brainstorming ideas for my Visual Effects assessment. I gravitate quite a lot towards 3D modelling so I am hoping to do something that involves some nice 3D models, however texturing is still daunting to me so I am a little thrown off by that aspect of it all. I am thinking for my effects I would like to use some fire, water or blue flame effects maybe or perhaps even some explosions, however my final concept still isn't decided yet.
s181434

Re: Nadia Blazina De Flego - Visual Effects - SP1 2019

Postby s181434 » May 16th, 2019, 4:09 pm

So for my statue idea I am thinking of doing a ballerina with one of the following poses (if you have any suggestions which pose would be better to model please do tell). The model wont be incredibly finely detailed as it is a statue after all. I am planning to have a pale pink chiffon material spiral slowly from the roof down and spiral through the arms and around the body to finally settle around the waist as the ballerinas skirt.

I apologise for so few updates and missing last class I have been in Japan so I have just been trying to catch up a little now I am back.
s181434

Postby s181434 » May 16th, 2019, 5:00 pm

I have started to model in zbrush, I am a bit rusty with it as I haven't used zbrush in a while as I mainly model in maya so its coming along. After I have a bit of guidance on if one statue position is better than the other then I will continue the sculpt. Also to have an opinion on the proportions before I go further would be great or if you can guide me on adding an orthographic reference into zbrush that would help too.

s181434

Postby s181434 » June 13th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Sorry about how few updates I have posted over the past fortnight I have just started a new job so I haven't had a lot of time to actually sit down and work on this and now I also have the flu.

For the statue design I have decided to go with something that is a bit exaggerated in its proportions and so I am in the stages of getting the proportions right with my model and it is getting to the point where I will need to pose it soon. I will go back a few lessons and refresh myself on how to pose it once I am ready, however I am not overly familiar with Zbrush so I am just a bit curious about whether, once it is posed, I turn dynamesh off and then change the resolution as I add more detail, or whether I will need to keep it in dynamesh right up until I need to UV it and take it to substance?

s181434

Return to Visual Effects