1937 Firetruck

Share and discuss your 3D WIP's here.

1937 Firetruck

Postby finn.spencer » November 25th, 2016, 6:09 pm

Going to post up some progress of something I started Yesterday,

Aiming to push this through the High to low baking pipeline, Texture it and render it looking all sexy.
It's going to be a trip, and take a lot of X hours to complete but here we go. Also going to mirror my journey here

Working on 1930's Firetruck - More HD Images here
This was a firetruck I saw when I was in Malaysia. It looks interesting and could be fun. So we shall see how I'll go.

Here is what I have so far. (leaving the bending til later)
But using the smooth preview to generate the final High Poly model. As long as the final highpoly looks right I really don't mind about topology. As I am going to retopo the model regardless. (well we shall see) stay tuned for more
finn.spencer

Re: 1937 Firetruck

Postby byron.linturn » November 27th, 2016, 10:45 am

I'm really keen to see this one finished! Will be following avidly :)
byron.linturn

Postby finn.spencer » November 30th, 2016, 12:46 pm

Some updates

One of the god sends of this modelling process is using the program Kuadro which saves my reference layout. Super handy for continuing projects without all the lollygagging around.

Here is kinda what my second monitor looks like with use of Kuadro
I am able to zoom in and out of separate images or duplicate them if I want another focused point.
finn.spencer

Postby finn.spencer » December 1st, 2016, 7:01 pm

So, not much today. but want to post regardless.
I've actually been testing some handy Maya scripts and identifying elements I could approach in a modular manner.
One problem I noticed was I wasn't modelling with a good sense of scale. So quickly did a rough mock up, that can support the overall modelling process.
I should also gain satisfaction when I complete each part and of course realize the sense of size the project I am underway with.
Because it is a rough block-out, not really fussed with perfection, so things are clearly out of proportion. But I'll keep it going and I should slowly see everything come together over the next few posts :)
finn.spencer

Postby byron.linturn » December 1st, 2016, 7:48 pm

Hnnng that hard surface is fantastic! Have you used any booleans for this, or are things made of separate objects?
byron.linturn

Postby finn.spencer » December 5th, 2016, 7:08 pm

@byron, assortment of separate objects, no booleans so far. More hassle than its been worth when I tried to use them for specific cases. its all pretty much a low poly objects injunction with smooth mesh preview.

Update: not much done today, had a lot of video pre-recordings and feedback to other students in Modelling texturing and Game Engines.
So here is a small update.
finn.spencer

Postby finn.spencer » December 6th, 2016, 6:50 pm

Not too much today, but snuck in a bit of modelling on the side for the truck. More established quick screenshot here
finn.spencer

Postby finn.spencer » December 12th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Quick update. implemented procedural scripts from creativecase using primgen. Makes making pipes easy as I can adjust the length without worrying about topology it is non destructive. I've done some welds and bends in this update.
finn.spencer

Postby finn.spencer » December 13th, 2016, 5:41 pm

So I bluescreened and forgot to enable AutoSave, (which is now fixed). lost some work and had to redo it. Some of it is not visible in this snapshot. But you can see some extra pipes for the back of the main water splits. Overall Enjoying the modelling and satisfaction of this growing when modelling this in my spare time outside of work hours.

But alas, posting update so thread is always updated.
finn.spencer

Postby finn.spencer » December 17th, 2016, 5:16 pm

Hey Quick update.
some extra stuff and leavers. Currently focusing on the back of the main canister, not heaps of reference for this part so going to make it up :)
finn.spencer

Next

Return to 3D - Work in progress